Home | Digital Fife | Text mode | Map

Cupar Heritage Centre


Cupar Heritage Centre is located at Cupar Railway Station


The last day of 2017 exhibition season is Sunday 29th October

after that we are only open on Wednesdays until April 2018


Normal opening hours are:-

Saturdays 10:30 - 1:30

Sundays  2:00 - 4:30

Wednesdays 2:00 - 4:30


Cupar Heritage Centre is located in the former staff house at the east end of the Cupar Railway Station, itself a classic 19th century railway building.

The Centre welcomes visitors and has amassed a wide variety of Cupar related photographs, documents and artefacts which are on display in the Centre. 

This year the main exhibition illustrates important aspects of the history of Cupar from early Pictish past, the town centre of the late 19th Century to more recent past events.

There is also a major exhibition of Sporting Activities in the area for over 100 years including curling, horse racing, football, golf, rugby, motor sport and more.

This year’s popular display on ‘Sport in Cupar’ is also worth another look because some exhibits have been changed, with new items and information added.

Object of the month for October: Porridge

Porridge is often the breakfast of choice on chilly October mornings and so for the Cupar Heritage Centre ‘object of the month’ we have mounted a display relating to what Robert Burns described as the ‘chief of Scotia’s food’. There is advertising material, packaging and artefacts, some of which relate to Quaker and Scott’s Porage Oats, now produced at Uthrogle Mills. One of the country’s largest mills, it is the inheritor of an oat milling tradition that has, for many years put Cupar at the centre of this important industry. This is a display that Cuparians of all ages, Goldilocks and any number of bears can enjoy.

Visit and See Cupar Golf Club Heritage

Old proposals for a riverside golf course and drawings for the Club House.


1910 Proposed Clubhouse

1910 Proposed Clubhouse

The course that never happened

The course that never happened

Cupar Bowling Club -  Recently Donated Archive- Many Photographs.

On display now are newly acquired documents and photographs. Can you recognise the bowlers? Many more photographs on display.

Cupar Heritage Talks

We organise a series of talks, open to the public, which are related to heritage matters. These meetings take place in the Age Concern Building, Provost Wynd, Cupar, starting at 7.30pm usually on the last Monday of each month. Everyone is welcome to stay on after the talk to meet others over a coffee or tea and biscuits. Parking is available in the adjacent Bonnygate Car Park.

The full programme of 2017 talks is on the Heritage Talks page.

Making Cupar Great - Planning for our Future today

Cupar Heritage is pleased to be associated with the ongoing project, lead by Cupar Development Trust (CDT), to make Cupar a rewarding visitor destination and a great place to live and work.

Cupar Heritage partnered with CDT in a working group to bring forward the Cupar Town Interpretive Plan as the means to establish priorities and focus effort. A Summary has been written by David Kirk, the chairman of Cupar Developmemt Trust. Click on either of the of the Bold Titles above to see the relevant document.

Technical Assistance

We currently have a need for help with Social Media, Facebook and Twitter, an area that we are keen to develop.

If you can help us, or can suggest someone, please get in touch.


We have no paid staff and are completely run by volunteers. We encourage people to join us as volunteers and to assist us not only in looking after visitors but in taking part of the hidden side of museums, labelling, filing, researching, etc. If you are interested please let us know.


The Heritage Centre

The Heritage Centre




30th Oct  
Barry Sullivan:
Robert Duncan Milne - Author - (Cupar/USA)


Motor Sport Display

Motor Sport Display

Porridge Display

Porridge Display

Porridge Display 2

Porridge Display 2

 A Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation SC043605 
Log in WebSpringer maintenance Variables